Passengers arriving at Corvera Airport Murcia can now take advantage of expanded bus connections to Cartagena and Murcia capital city. From today (Friday) and until 25 March the new services will be available on Mondays and Fridays.
According to the regional minister for public works and infrastructure, José Manuel Pancorbo, the expanded itineraries have been programmed to coincide with new domestic flight connections linking Murcia with Madrid and Barcelona (a total of 16 on Mondays and 14 on Fridays) but they will also benefit international tourists and will be boosted during the summer season.
“The ministry’s objective is to facilitate direct transfers from the airport to bus stations in Murcia and Cartagena.” The cost of each ticket is just €1.85.
New Bus Schedule
From Friday 12 January until Friday 23 February:
- Murcia city to airport – Mondays 8.30 am and 12.30 pm and Fridays 5.45 pm
- Airport to Murcia city – Mondays 11.45 am and 4.00 pm and Fridays 8.00 pm
- Cartagena to airport – Mondays 8.15 am and 12.15 pm and Fridays 3.30 pm
- Airport to Cartagena – Mondays 11.45 am and 4.00 pm and Fridays 8.00 pm
From Monday 26 February until Monday 25 March:
- Murcia city to airport – Mondays 8.30 am and Fridays 3.45 pm
- Airport to Murcia city – Mondays 12 noon and Fridays 8.00 pm
- Cartagena to airport – Mondays 8.15 am and Fridays 3.30 pm
- Airport to Cartagena – Mondays 12 noon and Fridays 8.00 pm
The ministry has also announced that it has put out a tender for the acquisition of 41 Class I and Class II 100 per cent electric buses. “We are facing a significant transformation of the public transport system in the Murcia region,” said Pancorbo. “The goal is to establish an integrated system that truly meets the travel needs of citizens and that they have the freedom to choose how to do so.”
Click here for more information about other transportation services at Corvera Airport Murcia.