Customers are being offered a series of “radical improvements” to the service they receive from Ryanair. The low-cost airline, which operates flight services between Corvera Airport Murcia and two English destinations (Birmingham and Manchester), has launched a suite of digital initiatives to “further improve customer service and provide easy access to all flight info when customers most need it”.
According to the company, the improvements have been implemented as a direct result of feedback from Ryanair’s first customer panel meeting in September, and they include:-
“Day of Travel” App:
- Live videos and webcasts from Ryanair’s ops centre during major disruptions.
- Live updates on new departure times/re-routings during disruptions.
- Live updates on airport, terminal, flight and gate information.
- Easy app access to boarding passes, certificates and other travel documents.
Digital Self-Service Hub:
- Self-serve online without contacting customer service team.
- Improved chat and FAQs, and new self-help videos.
- Track updates on guest claims and interactions with customer service team.
- Quick access to book flights using wallet balance.
- Real time status updates on refunds with one click access.
- Updated myRyanair account allowing storage of all travel documents in one place.
- Refund requests paid to original form of payment within five working days.
- Confirmation and access to refunds in myRyanair within 24 hours of request.
- Dedicated six-person customer advisory panel, meeting twice a year.
- In-depth feedback “to continually drive customer improvements”.
- Recommendations for future customer-led initiatives
Announcing details of the digital suite, Ryanair director of marketing Dara Brady said, “We are pleased to launch these innovative customer improvements which will enhance the travel experience of our guests. Driven by customer panel input, these improvements allow our guests to self-serve online when changing flight dates or passengers’ names, updating contact info or adding bags/seats. For customers who need extra assistance they can now track their interactions with Ryanair across calls/email/chat/social and receive live status updates online.
“Ryanair delivers the best customer service with the lowest fares and best on time performance and now our new Day of Travel Assistant (within the Ryanair app) will make travel easier and hassle-free with live updates on departure times, terminals and specific gate info for boarding. In the small number of cases where we suffer disruption, customers will receive regular updates including live video and webcasts from our Ops Centre, ensuring they are kept as up to date as possible with what’s happening and how their disruption will be resolved.
“In rare cases of cancellations, customers who request a refund will now get confirmation and access to it within 24 hours in myRyanair and will be refunded to the original form of payment within five working days.”